MTG Advanced Search
Card Kingdom has redesigned its Advanced Search Tool to help you find the cards you really want. As you navigate the site, the tool will remain on the left hand side of the screen to help you drill down to exactly what you are looking for. We've also expanded the capabilities of our search tool, adding new logic that gives you more power to find just the right card for your deck. See the FAQ below for additional information.
Text Searching (Applies to Name, Type, Oracle)
- All keywords entered are ANDed by default (i.e. "library life" matches "library" and "life", the "and" keyword is optional)
- The "or" keyword is supported (i.e. "graveyard or battlefield")
- Use "-" as negative keyword (i.e. "llanowar -elves")
- Our search is NOT case sensitive, although uppercase letters have special meaning for symbols (see the Oracle Text section below)
Keywords are matched against the front of a string, but will match any ending.
- "phyr" will match Phyrexia, but "rex" will not.
- A search for li bo will match Lightning Bolt.
Use quotes to search a phrase
- "tap target" will match the phrase instead of the individual words.
- ["draw a card" control or return] will show all cards with the phrase "draw a card" and either control or return.
Select the check boxes beneath any combination of colors you would like to search for. By default, the search will match exact results. That means that if you check the check boxes for the blue and black mana symbols and then apply your search you will see all multicolored cards that are exactly blue and black. To see mono-colored cards alongside those results, you will need to check the "Include mono cards" check box and re-apply your search.
Selecting an "Include #-color cards" check box with a value greater than the amount of colors selected will return results with the selected amount of colors that include all selected colors plus any additional colors that match the selected #-color value. For example, checking both the blue and black mana symbol check boxes along with the "Include 3-color cards" checkbox will return results that match UB and an additional color, i.e. UBR or UBG.
Selecting an "Include #-color cards" check box with a value lesser than the amount of colors selected will return results that match a combination of any selected colors. For example, checking the blue, black and green mana symbol check boxes along with the "Include 2-color cards" checkbox will return results that match card color combinations of UB, UG, BG, etc. Any or all of the checkboxes can be used together to perform even more specific searches.
Select the check boxes of the colors of the Commander deck you are building. A card's color identity is its card color plus the color of any mana symbols in the card's rules text. Note that basic land types (plains, island, swamp, mountain, forest) are included in the color identity, however basic land words in the text are not included in the color identity. Both colors of hybrid mana symbols contribute to color identify as well as both sides of split or double-sided cards. Cards that have any colors in their color identity which are not shared with the Commander of the deck will be excluded from the search. Currently banned cards are not excluded from the search.
The type field searches everything on a Magic card's type line. For instance, if a card has the type line "Legendary Creature - Dinosaur", checking Legendary, Creature, or typing the word "Dinosaur" into the text box will return that card in your search results. You can also type any of those words into the text box. If you type two words into the text field the search will show results that match both words unless you type the word "or" between them.
When you type text into this box, the search will produce results matching each word you type in unless you also type the word "or" between them. Any keywords you type in will be highlighted yellow in the results. We've also added methods of searching symbols and modifiers in card the card text - see below for a guide:
- The following symbols are searchable using the following upper-case letters or numerals:
- B - Black Mana
- U - Blue Mana
- G - Green Mana
- R - Red Mana
- W - White Mana
- X - X Mana of any color
- 1 - 1 Mana of any color (0-9 mana operate likewise)
- # - Match any digit 0-9 , , ...,
- T - Tap Symbol
- Q - Untap Symbol
- Mana symbols may be entered in any order and will be corrected by the search engine.
- Symbols are treated as phrases - examples:
- WU will match , but not .
- 1G will match
- 1G T will match and
- Power/Toughness indicators/modifiers may now be searched with the following syntax
- +2/+# (matches +2/+1, +2/+2, +2/+3, etc. The # symbol will match any single-digit number 0-9.)
Check each of the colors you would like the card you are searching for to produce, then select from the dropdown box whether you would like to search for cards that produce ANY of, ALL of, or EXACTLY the colors you selected. If you select ANY, then cards that produce ANY number of the selected colors will appear. If you select ALL, only cards that produce each of the selected colors will appear. If you want cards that produce each of the colors you have selected and no other colors, then select EXACTLY from the drop box.